|So moist, it's unfair!|
1/4 cup + 1 T soy milk
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup + 1 T evaporated cane juice sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup vegan margarine, melted (I use Earth Balance)
1 tsp. molasses
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1 1/4 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Optional: add vegan chocolate chips or chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar, set aside. This creates a 'buttermilk'; don't skip this step, trust Eating Smart!
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, margarine, molasses, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cloves and lemon juice.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Add all the wet with all the dry, mix but don't over mix.
5. Pour into oiled 8 inch round cake pan, or deep dish pie plate. Bake 25-30 minutes, cool, Eat, Enjoy!