Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lemon-Rosemary Israeli Couscous

Wow, you've got to try Israeli Couscous.  What is it, you ask?  Israeli Couscous is a small, round semolina pasta that should not be confused with the tiny, yellow North African couscous; it is completely different.  Sometimes called pearl couscous or maftoul, it resembles barley, or very small, white peas.  Totally yummy.  It makes an excellent side-dish instead of that same old rice or pasta. You can make it with any veggies your family loves, such as, green beans, broccoli, peas, corn etc.  Be creative!


**Did you know rosemary/rosemary oil is full of healthful benefits, such as cancer fighting antioxidants, delaying of the aging process, memory enhancement, and hair shine.  Make sure your eating lots of fresh herbs!
 
All I did for this recipe is sauté my favorite veggies (asparagus, red onion, mushrooms) with some oil and then add it to the couscous.  I followed the preparation directions on the box for the couscous, except, at the end, I added:
1/2 squeezed lemon
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary (or fresh would be great!)
pinch of salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste

Really delish!  Try something new and healthy tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love couscous----even named a dog that one time.

Do me a favor, if you're ever over at this end of town, and go to the White Chocolate Grill....they make an Israeli couscous that I wish you would dissect and make a recipe. I taste curry and also they use pistachio nuts. I've quizzed the waiters to no avail. I'll even go to lunch there with you. Luv, J.

Eating Smart (Tracy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...