Sunday, June 19, 2011

Zucchini Pasta

Why didn't I think of this?  I love the idea of using zucchini for pasta.  I love whole wheat pasta but I don't always feel like eating carbs.  Spaghetti squash is another favorite of mine that my mom turned me on to a few years ago.  Using zucchini, however, is simplified and doesn't require using the oven.  Just take 2-3 zucchinis and peel them with a regular potato peeler (I kept the dark green parts in there as well, that's where all the nutrition is).   Put them in a sauce pan and cover with water.  Simmer about 5 minutes and drain.  That's it!  So easy!  Thanks VeganPandamonium for opening my eyes to new and yummy food ideas.


*Serve with your favorite marinara sauce, or any sauce you love.  I topped mine with marinara sauce, nutritional yeast, and Italian seasoning.  And because it's veggies, I can eat as MUCH as I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...