Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hummus Lover

Years ago I didn't even know what Hummus was and I thought "eeewwww" like a 5 year old!  But now I love it so much I eat it almost every day.  I like it with chips and salsa, a dip for veggies, and on a sandwich, pita, or burrito.  It's so flavorful.  There are many store-bought varieties which are good too; just make sure you read labels and pick one with pure ingredients and not too much sodium.  I do both, buy it and make my own.  I pack this up and take it to work or eat it on the weekends when I'm busy: unsalted blue corn chips, salsa, veggies, and hummus.  You got your protein, veggies, grains, and good fats to keep you going all afternoon!  An apple for dessert and you're golden, completely satiated!  Recipe below; taste as you go:


 Ingredients:

1 can garbanzo beans plus a bit of the juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tablespoon of Tahani (found in any supermarket)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and pepper to taste

Blend in food processor or blender.  Add more oil, lemon juice or water depending on how thick you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...