Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Naughty Nachos

These nachos are sinfully delicious.  Made with all healthful ingredients of course.  You don't have to clog your arteries to eat great tasting junk food.  You just have to know what you're doing (or have a friend like me to help, ha).  I actually made this as a late dinner for my husband and me (the kids had already eaten earlier).   Wouldn't you know it, as soon as this came out of the oven, the kids come wondering in to narf on my nachos!


Directions (I don't really have a recipe; Nachos can be made any way you like):

1 can of  vegetarian chili beans, heated on the stove top
I spiced them up by adding a dash of cumin, chili powder, and Cayenne to taste
Unsalted blue or yellow corn chips spread out on baking sheet (the chili beans have enough salt!)
Pour the heated beans all over the chips.  Grate some vegan cheese over the top, optional
Broil for a few minutes to melt cheese and warm through, then remove from oven
Add all your toppings such as, lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, black olives, avocado slices and salsa.
Best served with a cold beer, or my favorite, a nice marg on the rocks.

**For some reason it may be ingrained in your head that you need sour cream and cheese for this to taste good, but that is simply not true.  It's delicious without.  Re-train your brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...